This Item is currently out of stock
The Edmonton Nest Box is beautifully finished with rounded corners. There is an observation door which, once open, allows you to view inside through a Plexiglas screen*. It is made from thermally modified wood which is a created via a heat treatment ensures that coniferous wood has a longer lifespan – to approximately 20 years. Moreover, no chemical substances are used in this heat process ensuring it is a responsible form of sustainability.
* We advise you not to open the observation door too often during the breeding period, as this can disturb the adult birds and nestlings during the breeding process.
The Dura-Green Wood label shows this product has been made with thermally modified wood in a treatment without chemical substances to ensure its durability.
With a 34mm opening, this nest box is particularly suitable for House Sparrows, Spotted Flycatchers, Tree Sparrows and Redstarts.
The Edmonton nest box can be opened for cleaning after the breeding season. We recommend doing this in October when you can be sure the last of the birds have departed. Cleaning will encourage birds to also reuse the nest box as a shelter during cold days in the winter.
In order to preserve the beautiful colour created in the treatment process, the Edmonton nest box is finished with a clear water-based varnish.
Benefits of Edmonton nest box:
• Is very durable due to thermal processing.
• Stylish curved lines of the wood.
• Equipped with observation screen and opening for cleaning.
• Finished with a clear water-based varnish.
• Certified with the Dura-Green Wood label.
This series is available in various products including as a seed feeder and feeding table.