Junior Web Developer
CJ WildBird Foods Ltd are the market leading manufacturer and distributor of foods, feeders and nest boxes for wildlife. We trade under the CJ Wildlife brand within the UK and Ireland, and under the Vivara brand in Germany, Holland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Denmark and Sweden.
We trade primarily online and in addition to our own brand shops we also run the web shops for 5 third party wildlife charities (3 in Holland, 1 in Germany and 1 in Belgium). We also have a number of information-only websites.
To service this we have a small in-house team (1 web developer and 1 web designer) plus we use an external magento agency. Due to the importance of this work (e-commerce represents approx. 70% of our turnover and is growing), and the volume of projects we have coming up (we’re migrating all stores onto magento 2 in the next year plus launching a new UK-market store) we have identified a need to expand the team.
This new role will be based in our head office in Shrewsbury and will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to learn from our experienced team and to become part of an exciting, innovative and growing company.
In terms of personal attributes, the key requirements are to be:
• Naturally curious and interested in learning/progressing
• A problem solver
• A good communicator
The exact tasks will be tailored to suit the abilities and interests of the successful candidate, plus they will evolve naturally over time due to this being a new position.
However, they may include:
• Supporting all major projects – including conducting research and testing as required
• Giving feedback on new designs
• Giving feedback and ideas to solve technical problems
• Liaising with our external agency weekly regarding open tickets
• Logging new issues/questions with our external agency
• Researching new magento plugins and making recommendations/shortlists
• Conducting competitor and best practice research
• Adjusting/customising templates for newsletters and content pages of our websites
• Running exports of data out of magento
• Ensuring web listings, pricelists and sage are in sync (by conducting regular housekeeping checks)
• Co-ordinating feedback from the marketing and customer service teams regarding new features and design ideas
• Implementing technical solutions under guidance
• Ideally Summer/early Autumn 2018
• Holiday entitlement starts at 28 days (including statutory bank & public holidays), rising to 35 days after 2 continuous years of service (including statutory bank & public holidays),
• Pension Scheme,
• Generous staff discounts,
• Attractive country side location with ample parking
• Upton Magna, near Shrewsbury.
Hours and Salary:
• Salary negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience,
• Hours 8.30am – 5pm Mon-Thurs and 8.30am–4pm Friday.
If this position is of interest to you, please email your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st July 2018
For more information on our company please visit www.birdfood.co.uk/aboutus
Our Current Websites
CJ Wildlife Stores: